Saturday, December 6, 2014

My Worst Nightmare

Ok, so it's not my worst nightmare, but it surely sucks. I cracked my pinky nail, about 1/4 of the way across my nail. I have no idea how, when or where I broke it - I just looked down and noticed a little crack....and then proceeded to curse.

Do you see that?!?!! Yeah, how much do you think that would hurt if I took it off? Hell NAW. So I decided to patch it. I used a tutorial I saw on Pinterest, using a tea bag as a patch. I emptied out a small tea bag, and cut myself a small square to cover the cracked area. I placed a small dot of nail glue on the break, and then laid down the patch. I then proceeded to smother that biyatch with more nail glue. It took a good while to dry - longer than I thought it would, but that was a good thing, since it allowed me to move the patch around with tweezers so it was positioned perfectly. After about 15 minutes, I lightly buffed the glue and added a coat of Nail Envy. (**If you have never used OPI Nail Envy, IMO it is worth every penny.)

Now I am off to paint these nails (no naked nails! ack!), and we will see how my little patch holds up.

I really just wanted to say that I tea-bagged myself. :P

Have you ever used this technique? Did it work for you? Ususally I say F*ckit and cut it off, but I want some length to do some bangin Christmas designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment