Sunday, March 22, 2015

Funky Fingers "Dia de Muertos"

Happy Spring! It's finally here! Nevermind that it snowed here on the first day of spring :(  I can only suppose Mother Nature was letting Winter have a final hurrah.
Ulta had Dermelect polish in the clearance bin for $.97, so I picked up a few to try. I used Dermelect "Above It" for my base. This looked more like a baby blue in the bottle, but on my nails it looks more periwinkle. Whatever - I like it :)
 I decided to use one of my untrieds, Funky Fingers "Dia de Muertos" on my ring finger and thumb. "Dia" (pictured) is a blue-tinted glitter topper. AND - guess what - it glows! It is nice to realize this ahead of time, so you don't scare yourself like I did. As I was climbing into bed, I saw something glowing out of the corner of my eye, and startled myself for a second before realizing that I am a dumbass and it was just my nails. I'm not really sure what I was thinking during that few seconds of panic, but it definitely got my heart racing.
I stamped my pinky with Kleancolor "Neon Aqua" and Born Pretty stamping plate #BP21. To keep the pink/blue theme going, I added some pink dots with my dotting tool and Ruby Wing "Groupie."
For my middle finger, I used a tip design guide from Kiss as a stencil, and painted over the nail with "Groupie." I really like the tip guides because you can do so much more with them than just french tips. Just be sure to pull off the guide carefully before the polish dries!
The pointer is double stamped with  Bundle Monster plate #BM201 and another Born Pretty plate, #BP10. I am really loving the new Born Pretty plates - not only do they have great designs and quality plates, you can't beat their pricing! You can check out the Born Pretty Store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment